Friday, February 18, 2005

Blogger Nation

Being my first post ever, I thought it was befitting that I discuss blogging. The act of blogging has become increasingly popular as well as perceptibly in the line of fire particularly by conservative groups who fear readers are relying on unaccountable bloggers for their news.

After The Daily Show on Comedy Central aired a hilarious segment on blogging I thought I'd a) better figure out what I thought about blogging, and b) blog about it. I've found myself lately reading blogs and immensely enjoying it.

Well, I posted my thoughts on IMDb.com, which I'll refer to often as I spend way too much time there. This is what I said:

I was just curious to hear what others thought about the comparison of blogging to journalism. I've noticed myself leaning more and more towards reading blogs and other indie media outlets for my news. I didn't even realize I was being hip; I just enjoyed the freedom of the bloggers to be humorous and satirical.

I also feel like they are accountable. I even tend to trust message board threads because, if someone hasn't fact checked, they're probably going to be subjected public humiliation via other posters pointing out their obvious retardation for having posted false information.

Let's face it, we who tend to linger in cyberland at least border on geekdom. Pointing out other people's mistakes is innate and having ours pointed out is no picnic.

To find out what others had to say, read the post at IMDb linked above, or write your own comments here.


Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home