Sunday, February 20, 2005

Movie Madness

Well, I fell off the movie bandwagon last night. I had recently switched back to Blockbuster's movie deal after a brief fling with nexflix (was tired of waiting around for movies to come in the mail). I took my movies back to get two more and got sucked into buying three movies. Damn those buy 2 get one free deals.

While at Blockbuster, I proved what a complete nerd I am. Here's the scene with M=me, R=random lady, and LWWT=lady who works there:

R: Do you have the movie Memeto?
LWWT: Um...I don't know. I think maybe we do and it would be in the new release section. (both continue to look in the new releases).
M: Um, I'm pretty sure it's not a new release.
LWWT and R (in unison): Really?
M: Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a few of years old (5).
LWWT: Well, you know it's hard to remember...
(They move on seemingly heeding my advice but in the wrong direction. I then nerdily meander over to the suspense section.)
M: Um, here you go. Sorry, I'm a nerd.
LWWT: Oh no, I'm glad you are.
M: Well, I own that movie too.

Dork is more like it. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't been a bit of a rude ass about it.

I bought:

Coffee and Cigarettes: Jim Jarmusch 's fun collection of shorts centered around people in various, usually awkward situations drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes. My favorites were Iggy Pop and Tom Waits (Iggy was great!), Cate Blanchett who brilliantly played opposite herself (playing herself as well as a kind of redneck cousin), and, of course, Meg and Jack White.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Well done.

Napoleon Dynamite: I couldn't help it. This movie makes me pee a little it's so funny.

I rented:

The Grudge: It was o.k. It disturbs me to think that they had to recast the film with American actors to spoon-feed it to the American public. How bad do we suck? I think I'd like the Japanese version better.

Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Complete Third Season: Hi”larry”ous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home