Monday, June 06, 2005

Ethnographic and Qualitative Research in Education

So I presented at a conference this weekend. There were two other doctoral students and our qualitative research professor...who rocks. The other two doc students have already completed their dissertations and graduated. We basically presented our research, and our prof. presented her paper on conducting qualitative research in a predominately quantitative setting.

It was a little unnerving because it seemed everyone else was an expert, but I think the presentations went pretty well. We had a lot of very kind comments such as "quality presentation" and "very confident", etc. I also had someone in the audience who backed up my views on Deaf culture and some of the theoretical battles I faced while proposing my research. She asked to share my research and information with her students, which is nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home