Thursday, February 24, 2005

The Oscars Are Coming!

And I'm having a party. I'm not completely sure that's a good thing considering I'll want to be totally engrossed in the Oscars, but instead will be playing hostess. I invited about 5-7 people. Some are excited to watch the Oscars, some just wanna come.

I don't have major hopes for winners except for:

Cate Blanchett for best supporting actress in The Aviator
Martin Scorsese for best director for The Aviator
Charlie Kaufman, Michel Gondry, Pierre Bismuth for best original screenplay for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) - John Williams for original score

Here's a list of nominees.

This is a list of what I'm doing for my cheap-ass party. I think it'll be fun.

  • I bought some pieces of sparkly red material to lay out as a "red carpet".
  • I'm going to make some printouts of major movies and actors to hang up.
  • I'm going to make yellow stars out of poster board and line and write the names of my guests in glitter.
  • I bought some yellow gift bags and I'm going to draw red stripes on them and serve the popcorn out of them.
  • I checked out a "movies hits" cd from the public library to play as background music as my guests arrive.

It'll be fun. That is, as long as nobody talks...right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home