Friday, July 22, 2005

Birthday Blues

I drove a total of 3 hours and shelled out 15 bucks in gas just to celebrate my birthday with my family. At least it was pretty on the way up there:




We ate at a Japanese restaraunt called Wasabi. Japanese dinning is always fab, but it sucks when your family pulls out a big-ass birthday cake and stays for 2 more hours.



I did, however, get lots of cash and my #1 birthday present from my little sister: a homemade card complete with a glued-on Polly Pocket pocket book (a prized possession for her) and a pair of Eeoyre socks that say, "This is my happy face." Very fitting given my bitchy disposition yesterday.



I was half-crazed on the way home, and I kept getting shit like this:



The trucker directly in front of me, by the way, had written, "Be a flirt, lift shirt" with his finger in the dirt on his truck. Classy.

I did find some solace in #7 from The Murmurs. I attempted to link the song to the picture below for your listening pleasure. Let me know if it worked.




This weekend I'm curling up in my new down comforter from IKEA and reading the Half Blood Prince.

8 Comments:

At 6:42 PM , Blogger Wilson Clan said...

Too bad you had to drive to THEM to get your birthday dinner and cake...

cute socks though and I love ikea..i'm jealous there isn't one close enough to me!

 
At 9:45 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

Awesome, thanks! I do sound like a 16 year old...have a bad tendency to act like one too. :(

 
At 11:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday dear GrandPoo!
Happy Birthday to You!

and many more...from Channel 4!
and Scooby Doo on Channel 9!
and all the rest on CBS!

Love sushi...hate lingering too long over desert and coffee...I feel ya. I do.

 
At 11:45 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

Thanks for the birthday jingle :).

We didn't even have sushi, how bad does that suck? The food was great though, as always.

 
At 5:38 PM , Blogger Pikkel Weezel said...

Skirt not shirt, if he had any class ,he would have just written WOW on the back doors, that stands for Whip'em Out Whenever. It's a truck thang.

 
At 7:42 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

Oh, I see. Thanks for the info. ;)

 
At 12:31 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

pippia- thanks and be right over :)

veggie- of course it's normal...as normal as you can get for someone who sees pigs with giant balls at Pink Floyd concerts and wants to shoot the head off Ryan Gosling ;).

 
At 5:04 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home