Monday, October 02, 2006

A Friend's Interpretation

i must, must, must post my genius friend, make up your mind, hamlet, aka not_lizzie's interpretation of my dream that i posted on Sept. 24th. he is very insightful...

I make no claims to be a professional or even an amatuer dream interperter. But, not having the ability to do something has never stopped me before. So, here goes: Meeting somebody at 3:30 in the morning represents uncertainty. This of course is operating on the premise that you usually don't meet someone at such a time. What is 3:30 a.m. Is it late at night? Or is it early in the morning? It's an uncertain time of day depending on perspective. The men with guns are the personfication of potential failure. You go into a situation with uncertainty and look the danger of failure in the face. We all know there is no escaping this potential failure but it never stops us from trying to escape. The kind, nice looking cop represents every good archetypical character in your life that has ever at the very least tried to help you. But, of course there is nothing that can be done. The several other people in this dream possibly symbolize the assortment of friends you have. You clearly have an innate sense of community (which is a good thing). To me, it represents that you recognize the empathy your friends have with you. Could the old people possibly represent the eldere hieracrchy of your university? Not sure, I guess I would have to know you better. Perhaps you have had moments of highs and lows when you felt things looked optimistic when seeking the counsel of a friend only to have those hopes dashed by being "re-abducted"....


Of course, I am actually not surprised that you would see "yourself". I'm guessing your subconcious perceived the changes you are going through as a "clone". That was another potential 'you'. A 'you' that will be born out of this stress experience you are going through.....

The only thing I have to add is....you are not going to be killed. The new 'you' will be born through perserverance. Obviously you have an incredibly active imagination chock full of creativity and it applied itself in overdrive on the images streaming from your sub concious. Our subconcious is after all according to Carl Jung nothing more than our environment filtered through our senses.

I think there was the scary revelation of the rebirth of the GrandPoo of Awesome 2.0

2 Comments:

At 10:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very flattered you posted my interpertation. Thanks! :D

 
At 6:24 PM , Blogger Monkey said...

Oh my! Now I want my dreams interpreted!

Very cool.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home