Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The Oscars are Over...Life May Resume

Well, my Oscar party went surprisingly well. I missed, however, about 80% of the actual awards. I don't normally throw parties, so I was a little nervous, but everyone seemed to have a great time. I made pigs in a blanket and we drank out of wine glasses. It seemed to work. I made gold stars with my guests names in glitter. It was a good idea, but would've been even better had I let the glue dry before hanging them on the wall. Several people asked to take them home anyway, so that was very cool.

Here's what works:
Pigs in a blanket
Chardonnay and Merlot
Popcorn

When kids come:
A gift that's an activity
Root beer
Kit Kats

Here's what doesn't:
Coke
Pizza rolls

I'm very happy that the fashionista fabuloso Cate Blanchett won her first Oscar (best supporting actress). I wish Martin Scorsese would've won best director. Clint Eastwood creeps me out a little.

This has been everyone's favorite quote from Cate Blanchett regarding the awards: Asked backstage by an Australian reporter whether she believed the Academy award would change her life, she jokingly replied: "Absolutely, you a--hole!"

I'm a little sad it's over. I watched the red carpet (with yucky Star Jones), the awards, the after parties on E!, the red carpet again, then the red carpet again the next day. O.k., maybe it's a really good thing it's over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home