Monday, April 25, 2005

I Dream of Chucky

Well, I woke myself up at 5 am with not one, but two blood-curdling screams. Here's the story:

In my dream I was laying in bed and my cell phone rang. I answered. The person on the other line said, "Megan? You've been chosen to participate in a game with Chucky. He'll be visiting you soon."

I said, "I'm not participating. I didn't choose to participate in this; I'm not participating!"

The voice on the other line said, "You didn't have to choose the game, it chose you."

I said, "I'm going to call the help hotline!" (I don't know what hotline that was, but it made sense in my dream.)

I hung up the phone and was going to call the hotline, but the cell phone started ringing again. Where the name or number usually appears, it said "We Hope He Gets You".

I frantically tried to get my shoes and was planning on making a run for the car when the doorknob started rattling. My first thought was to get him in the house and lock him in while I made a run for the car. So, I opened the door and said, "O.k. fine, come in you little fucker!"

He came in and I went out and slammed the door. I was trying to lock him in (which, of course, wouldn't really work) when I heard my cat make a sound. I knew he was trying to get me to open the door again. (This is the part I feel really bad about!) I said, "Go ahead and eat her you fucker!"

I took off down the hill (which doesn't actually exist) and fumbled with my keys to get the key ready. There was a car (although not my car) waiting for me at the bottom of the hill.

There was now a narrator who I asked, "How much time do I have?" (This part doesn't really make sense, but it managed to scare the shit out of me.) She said, "Well, he's been planning it all day so, he's been down here since this morning." At that point I was already in the car and saw that the doors were locked. I realized he was in the backseat.

I woke myself up with two really loud screams. I kept waiting to hear the police knock on my door, but either my neighbor didn't hear it or he could care less if I was really being attacked. I hope it was the former. I doubt it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home