Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Monday Morning's Crazy Dream

I thank NPR for that crazy dream I had last Monday Morning. Luckily I set my alarm for about 20 minutes earlier than I needed to get up, because when my alarm went off to the Congressional debate about whether or not to continue Terri Schiavo’s life support, I began a crazy dream that some made-up friend of mine needed me to go with her to her teenage daughter’s (who is a real person and daughter with profound mental retardation of a real friend of mine) IEP meeting to help her make some big argument about something in her IEP (Individualized Education Plan). NPR must’ve been airing different sides of the story because Congress was at the IEP meeting making their points about M, the girl who I was there to help defend.

Normally I like waking up to the news on NPR, but I much prefer the kind of interesting filler stories, although they can really provoke some doozies of dreams themselves. I really need someone to come and bang pots and pans in my ears in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home