Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Awareness of Time

Am I simply aware of time or is it a full-fledged obsession? For someone who wastes a whole hell of a lot of time, I sure am very aware of it. It irritates me to watch a movie that's a few years old. Classics aren't so bad because I know it's old. I can appreciate the nostalgia of the movie. But if the film is five to ten years old, I spend my time analyzing things like phone styles, Internet browsers, cell phone sizes or the lack of cell phone use. I drive myself crazy because I can't just enjoy the movie.

I think the types of television shows we have now also contribute to this awareness of time. I, for one, am a shameless television and pop culture fanatic. I eat it up. I love shows like The Soup and Best Week Ever because they "catch me up" on trashy pop culture events without having to have watched a full week of television. I would be mortified to see a rerun of Best Week Ever on the wrong week. Even fake news shows like The Daily Show (my favorite show ever) and Weekend Update on SNL can irritate me with they're reruns. When there's a rerun from even just the week before, I think, "That is SO old news!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home