Sunday, June 12, 2005

Kroger Books?

I'm writing chapter one of my dissertaion and took a break to go to Kroger for the makings of a PB&J. I came back with two books because of their 25% off deal.

I bought Douglas Adams' The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide which includes, of course, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I also bought Bill Clinton's My Life which I've wanted to read but not wanted to shell out for the hardcover edition.

I haven't read THG to the G or seen the movie, so I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to heed the advice of several of my friends (and G4tv) and wait to read it after I've seen the movie or go ahead and dive in. I understand why I should watch the movie first. They say that if you've already read the book that you'll be distracted by the differences in the movie. I just don't feel like watching the movie right now. Plus, I'm eager to read it. I need something other than my research to read until The Half Blood Prince comes out. I think I'll go ahead and read it.

2 Comments:

At 11:01 PM , Blogger Wilson Clan said...

I'm jealous! Oh I wish I had some reading time..well technically I guess I do..but I waste in blogging..LOL

 
At 2:15 AM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

I really don't have reading time. I'm working on a research dissertation, but it's still good to have something to curl up with at night and my cat LOVES it when I read.

I did start The Hitchhiker's Guide and it's very funny. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home