Thursday, November 03, 2005

Poet and Didn't Know It

I just thought this was funny...

One of my students kept talking while he was supposed to be working.

me: I can see you, and hear you too, as I have both eyes and ears.
girl student: (very seriously) You should write poetry.
me: (contemplating) hmmm, I had no idea that was poetic.

I suppose all forms of art are subjective.

I also thought this was funny...

I have a student who is fabulously the pleasantly odd type of person I so much appreciate. Today she made up a "Vote for Pedro" ad.

E: Like a good neighbor Pedro is there. Vote for Pedro, but he won't save you any money on your car insurance.
me: Wow, you managed to blend two different insurance ads into one. Well done you.
E: Thanks.

7 Comments:

At 7:22 PM , Blogger Monkey said...

I bet you are an awesome teacher!! I want to be in your class.

 
At 7:35 PM , Blogger Calzone said...

You aren't really a teacher are you. I bet you work in a bar.

 
At 8:16 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

monkey- I hope you'll be my teacher's pet. Teachers love to have monkeys as pets. :)

calzone- Dammit. You caught me. Now, that first sentence should have a question mark not a period.

On a side note, I would LOVE to work in a bar. You know, if I wasn't a teacher.

 
At 1:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I bet kids behave better than drunken adults.. At least I assume so.. I used to work as a bar tender in my "previous life". Loved it, kind of, but my liver didn't agree! lol

Maybe that's why I don't drink anymore.. :o

 
At 5:28 AM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

"I bet kids behave better than drunken adults."

They do, but drunken adults still act better than drunken kids. I should probably quit with the shots in class for a while.

 
At 8:59 PM , Blogger princessmalin said...

kids clearly rule. just think what would happen if we all believed in purple ladybugs and the power of pippi .... pure, refreshing, magic.

 
At 10:43 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

princess- clearly. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home