Friday, June 02, 2006

EmbarrAssed?

Someone asked what our most embarrassing moments at work were. I don't know about most embarrassing, but not long ago, I walked into my Math class having just gone to the bathroom. I mentioned before that my Math class is much more "cheeky" and talkative than my homeroom. I walked to the front of the room as normal, and one of the girls said, "Miss 'GrandPoo', you're so funny," to which I replied, "What do you mean?" She said, "You're so funny." I said, "I didn't do anything." She said, "Oh yes you did." Another student said, "Turn around." I asked if they had put a sign on my back. They said, "No." Finally, I realized I had toilet paper streaming from my pants. Damn those paper seats I insist on making before I sit down. They expected me to be absolutely mortified. They were disappointed when I gave them an explanation about how as you get older you learn to shrug things off. I really wasn't embarrassed, actually.

At the end of the year, I had my homeroom students write letters to my new fifth grade class giving them advice for the year. The one student who's in both my Math class and my homeroom (a boy) wrote, "Don't laugh or at least tell 'Miss GrandPoo' when she has toilet paper streaming from her pants," and at least three of my homeroom students (who, by the way, weren't even there) wrote the incident as their most memorable moment in their fifth grade memory book.

So glad I could provide them with such a happy memory.

2 Comments:

At 10:41 PM , Blogger Spinning Girl said...

That is so great.

 
At 1:12 AM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

Thanks ;). Spinning girl inspires me to tell stories. Spinning girl inspires me to be a better me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home