Friday, April 28, 2006

Harry and the Potters



Yes, I went from obsessing over YouTube to obsessing over MySpace. For so long, I refused to pimp my MySpace page or even look at it, but my sister kept insisting on leaving me goofy messages that I wanted to see. Now, she's not even on-line, but I keep going back. It's pathetic. I think it's because I don't have a lot of time to be on-line, so I want to have to think very little.

I guess you know that the primary purpose of MySpace is to promote bands, which I think is an excellent thing. There are probably some who get annoyed with bands requesting to be their MySpace friend. I don't mind for three reasons: 1) I don't have any other friends anyway, 2) that's what it's fucking for, and 3) you can hear some great bands.

My favorite by far is Harry and the Potters. I guess I relate to the uber geekiness of this band, but I also dig the tunes. If you're cool and you don't detest Pottermania, you might click on their photo and go to their MySpace page to check out some tunes.

*Note: This will probably require you to have a MySpace account. I'm sure you could quickly make a faux one for the purposes of viewing this page if you're interested.

4 Comments:

At 8:26 AM , Blogger Marti said...

Good morning!

I didn't know that "My Space" was mostly for promoting bands (but I am old and "out of it" LOL)

I mostly hear about sexual predators trolling for young kids who post w-a-y too much personal information on there.

I don't know anyone in a band. But again (see above - "old and out of it" LOL)

Just wanted to pop in and say howdy!

Hope you have a terrific weekend!

 
At 6:48 PM , Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

marti's right.

but you know, bands do stuff too.


and also people i don't like track me down and try to be my "friend."

 
At 5:16 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

i know! i totally don't want her to get mcdreamy.

 
At 5:18 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

woah, i thought maybe you were back. guess not. hope things are going okay!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home