Saturday, April 15, 2006

Harriet's Intention



My cat, Harriet, barfed on this book. Do you think that could mean anything? Like maybe the Source doesn't intend for me to finish it?

If you think you want to read it, just read the chapter called Portrait of a Person Connected to the Field of Intention, because the rest of the book just draws out and regurgitates that chapter.

He has some decent points, he just rehashes them over and over throughout the book. He reiterates the same points. In other words, he says the same thing over and over. He just keeps telling you the same thing in different words. It's the same idea said in a different way. It's redundant.


Harriet's Work



5 Comments:

At 12:47 AM , Blogger Tommy said...

I hate to generalize, but if there's anything I've learned in my time spent teaching cats to read, it's that cats don't cotton to nonfiction.

It's been put to me this way: You can't top perfection...why try to cram more knowledge into the head of an animal that already knows everything?

Give a cat a good, taut mystery; or maybe a nice dark comedy. A cat wants little more than to be entertained.

I will say that I had a cat put a hairball on the back of Daisy Miller (the book, not the girl). I think it was a commentary on the book as a character study. Too much artsy, I think.

 
At 12:07 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

excellent point tommy, and one well taken. harriet agrees as well, and she rarely agrees.

 
At 2:42 AM , Blogger jiggs said...

I don't think I caught the problem with the book.

I don't think I caught the problem with the book.

I don't think I caught the problem with the book.

I don't think I caught the problem with the book.

I don't think I caught the problem with the book.

 
At 2:42 AM , Blogger jiggs said...

Did the book smell like catnip?

 
At 6:24 AM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

i don't know, but now it smells of harriet.

harriet owns.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home