Saturday, March 25, 2006

I'm a Good Christian Girl!

I've been going to church lately, and you'd better not give me any shit about it.

I've been going to a very small, very multi-cultural church. There are definately things I miss about church, one being the genuine hearts of many of the people. I still cringe at evangelical, hit-you-on-the-head peeps who's minds are closed to divergent views, but there is definately some merit to a group of people gathering together and letting go of the crap of the week in unity together for a couple of hours or more each week...you know, and shit like that.


7 Comments:

At 10:07 PM , Blogger Fella said...

Church can be very healthy for certain people. Personally I lend no credence to religions of any sort, but I am hollow on the inside and maybe that's a contributing factor.

Glad to see you back, GP.

 
At 9:13 AM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

nick- you're not empty; you're full of cupcakes, butterflies, rainbows, and all things happy, right? i bet if we cut nick open, we'd find a little slice of heaven.

thanks jiggs :). i think that's excellent advice, and i like punching people in the throat AND saying "fuck", so that sounds great!

 
At 11:38 AM , Blogger Tommy said...

That's a good perspective, that a grouple of people let's stuff go for a couple hours. I'd like to find that.

I've been thinking about finding a church again. I've been away for a while. My admittedly weakass attempts at going back have left me discouraged. Everyone seems old and set in their ways...not really keen on discussion, rather wanting to hear everything they already believe confirmed.

Glad you found a good one.

 
At 9:19 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

um...is that mr. miyagi?

 
At 12:56 AM , Blogger Tommy said...

Huh. So it is. I often confuse myself with Pat Morita.

 
At 6:38 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

tommy- there's gotta be help for that.

racer-x- yeah, the more i learn about the history of christianity, the more depressed i get, and i don't get depressed. i'm a happy poo. they've done some shit stuff in the name of the lord though.

jiggs- my heart leaps at the thought of being on your team. that sound like a valentine's card blurb, doesn't it?

 
At 9:25 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

and the pie is worthy. i like pie!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home