Thursday, March 30, 2006

Goodbye, Lisa.



I'm not just a little embarrassed to say that I actually cried at Lisa's farewell to American Idol. I wasn't really a fan of Lisa Tucker (who I kept wanting to call Lisa Turtle), but she was really talented and so sweet! She just kept on a smilin'. She's so cute. Granted, ask me who I thought was going home tonight, I'da said Lisa Tucker.

But the bottom three...I'm sure the blogosphere and message boards are buzzing in unison with a big WTF? Sure, Ace needed to be in the bottom three. What a complete tool showing that scar and that crap look he tries to give at the end of each performance, but the third bottom should've rightly been Bucky. I like Bucky, I really do, but he's not becoming an American Idol. He'd be cool as hell to hang out with, but he's just not making it big. But, Katherine McPhee?? She's in my top three! I got the McPheeva! I'm having me some Katherine and she is not bottom three worthy. Something mighty weird is going on...mighty, mighty weird.

Here's my top three in no particular order. This is long overdue. I'm jumping on no bandwagon here, I've liked these three from the start (even though I swore I wouldn't watch past the auditions):

Taylor Hicks



Who doesn't like Taylor? He's the good and happy kind of unique. I totally dig.

Mandisa



We don't have to know her last name. It'll be like Cher and Beyonce...one name: Mandisa, and she's every woman.

Katherine McPhee



Smitten.

16 Comments:

At 5:07 AM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

Aw...you're the best!

You're not really missing anything with American Idol. Most of us who watch it wish we didn't and mourn the time we've wasted. :( Damn that show!

 
At 1:08 PM , Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

mcphee is pretty. she can sing real nice.

she also seems to have nice breasts.

 
At 5:10 PM , Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I'm a Mandisa-Paris-Chris kind of girl myself. Catherine is right behind them.

 
At 2:10 AM , Blogger jiggs said...

I agree with kendra

 
At 5:31 AM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

i also agree with kendra.

 
At 5:34 AM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

brooke- paris is also off-the-hook, and chris is hott! honestly, i would be more likely to have chris duaghtry playing in my cd player. paris seems to have a very good head on her shoulders along with being super duper talented. :)

 
At 3:31 PM , Blogger jiggs said...

perhaps you and me and kendra should write letters to this mcphee and tell her what we think.

it's fun to be creepy.

 
At 4:51 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

Dear Katherine McPhee,

You are pretty. You sing real good. We also think you have nice boobs. Sorry if that sounds creepy, but that's how we feel.

Thanks,
Jiggs, Kendra, and Poo

 
At 2:04 PM , Blogger Lilly said...

BIG LOL @ Jiggs' "it's fun to be creepy" :-)

I started watching this American Idol show too [it's on Danish television twice a week]. I didn't mean to watch it and I never realised how damn hooked I'd get! Shite. Now I have to watch it. I also just realised that we're like a week behind or something here. Lisa hasn't been voted off the show yet. Damn. I like her. My two favourites though are: Chris and Taylor! :-)

...but I just cannot stand that wee shite Kevin!! Annoying as fuck!

 
At 2:04 PM , Blogger Lilly said...

[Excuse my French above -- I didn't mean to swear. I simply got carried away]

 
At 2:35 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

hi lilly- this is a swear friendly blog :)...especailly "fuck" ;). sorry about the AI spoiler.

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger Lilly said...

Glad to hear it :-D
No worries about the spoiler -- how were you to know Danish telly is so behind [at least I know now!!]?

 
At 3:18 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

i think a lot of european countries get american shows late. we had a friend from poland who were getting episodes of ER a season late.

i think the same is true, however, for shows we get from outside the US (which are few), like the Ausralian show McCloud's Daughters. i skulked around on some sites too and found out that one of my mom's favourite characters dies. she was bummed. she still hasn't died here yet.

 
At 3:20 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

Ausralian= Australian

 
At 4:12 PM , Blogger Lilly said...

Yeah, there's definitely a time 'delay' in both directions, I think. So it's always a wee bit risky when you check out info about a given show/series on some site.

Most importantly: Discovery Denmark are showing the new season of MythBusters! Every Sunday evening -- yaaaahhhyyyaaahh [excuse me (again), but I seem to have a thing for them].....

Ausralian --> brilliant word. Just try and pronounce that. Wonderful :-)

I'm talking a lot of rubbish here; better head off for bed. It's April 2 here now; 00:11am...zzzzz

 
At 4:12 PM , Blogger Lilly said...

to bed, even......*out*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home