Monday, October 16, 2006

i <3 fall



I love Fall. The only bad thing about Fall is that it doesn't last very long. I don't so much like that I've gotten terribly wet today. I like the rain, just not on me. I especially like the rain on a tin roof. When I was about 13, we lived in a house my parents designed and we all helped build. My mom specifically designed that tin roof, and it was right under my bedroom. It was good to be inside when it rained. I love the newness of the cool weather and the colors of the leaves and the spookiness of October and the thought of hanging in with family or friends, making sweet stuff and watching movies. I even like the super cheesy Halloween kids movies on the Disney channel.


Also...upon several recommendations, I have fallen into a good book: "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger. In the little time I have for reading over break, I am devouring it (albeit at my very slow reading pace). Perhaps if I could get this time traveling down, I could have all the time I needed for cuddling in bed with a book and my cat, Harriet curled in a ball at my feet.

Well...Happy Fall to All.

1 Comments:

At 11:24 AM , Blogger Monkey said...

I loved that book too!

(I'm reading your blog backwards.) Blogger has been unavailable to me for several days, so now I catch up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home