Sunday, April 01, 2007

For the past couple of months, I've been making out with a t.v. channel. Okay, maybe not "making out" but we've gotten really close. [Current TV] is channel 107 on Comcast. It's perfect for the ADD. It airs mostly segments they call pods that last from 3-20 minutes. Most of them are more like 3-5 min. long. They cover anything from devastating situations around the world to American pop culture.

But, you don't have to have Current TV to stay current. Staying current is what keeps us young and interesting [and BOY am I young and interesting ;)]. Here are some ways I think you can stay current [feel free to add to the list]:

1) Keep up with the news [yes, Stewart and Colbert count, but not in isolation.]
2) Keep up with pop culture. I'm surpised how many people are not in the know about pop culture. I know it isn't extremely important information, but it's fun to talk about and helps when cracking jokes.
3) Use the internet as your own personal information data base. That's what it is.
4) Keep your brain active. Make sure you're doing things you love. Seek out things that inspire you and make sure you're always thinking, writing, and sharing.


So...that said, here's what I'm listening to this week:

*WHY am I just now finding out about Amy Winehouse? I'm sad for all the listening time I've missed.



*Oh my god, MIKA is fabulous.

1 Comments:

At 12:50 PM , Blogger Monkey said...

I have a migraine, but I love Amy Winehouse and Mika both. Yup. I do.

Icepack please!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home