Sunday, August 14, 2005

Just When I Thought I Was Gonna Get to Be a Slacker...

I got a job! It's two hours away from where I am now, so I've been running like crazy, not to mention, staying at the school until 8 or 9 at night. I was hired 2 days before school started, so I have lots and lots of work to do. My parents live in between where I live now and where my job is, so I've stayed there several nights much to Harriet's dismay. I have, of course, had someone check on her everyday, but she's still freaked out that I've been gone. She hasn't left me alone since I've been back for the weekend.

See?




I'm glad to be home temporarily. I'm stressed out. Not so easy to jump into a position like that, plus I've got other crappy crap going on that's sucking my time as well as the life out of me. I've coped with the stress with 2 episodes of What Not to Wear (hugs for Clinton and Stacy),



a french manicure, coloring my hair, and a new skirt, camisole, pair of pants, two shirts, two necklaces, a bracelet, and a watch all in a days non-work...Oh, and a medium Pizza Hut pizza.

I see several of you have flickr accounts. Frog finally got one, and it looks like veggiebabe4 went wild over there :). Melissa's had one for a while now I think. Awesome! That's "fabulous" ;). Just be aware that flickr can be painfully addictive.

I hope I can get back on both blogger and flickr again soon, but I don't know how it's gonna go. I'll try to tote my lappy and swing by a Panera or somewhere else with Wi-Fi for dinner.

Til next time...

P.S. Zappo says hi. :)

10 Comments:

At 4:26 AM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

Thanks :). I'll be gone again next week though. :(

 
At 7:58 AM , Blogger Pipi Longstockings said...

Cant you take Harriet with you

 
At 10:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Zappo :)

 
At 12:48 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

trish and veggie- well...all last week i wasn't sure whether i'd be coming back or not. also, my parents have a cat and harriet absolutely goes nuts to see antoher animal. my parents have a "cabin" beside their house that they rent out over the summer. i'd hoped to stay there with harriet, but they rented it out until labor day before they knew i'd need it. i wouldn't dare take her anywhere else. she'd just not handle being in a strange place at all even if they took good care of her. i think she's better off alone but in a familiar place with someone checking on her. sorry for the long answer :).

ajay- he says hi back :).

 
At 2:23 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

Can I just say as an aside that I am still getting calls for interviews even though school has started. I'm really peturbed that I got a call from the job where I live now saying, "I know you called, and I'm not sure if I have talked to you or not, so please give me a call." Argggg!!!

This school is perfect though. Seriously, almost eerily perfect. It's very very white bread suburban which actually makes me a little uncomfortable. Every kid in my class is like my very "best" (for what that means to most) kid at the title one school I taught in before. All of the parents drive SUV's and pick their kids up from school. Chewing gum would be a serious offense here. It's SO odd.

I'm going to do my best though to get these kids to think outside the box and really challenge them in areas of social justice.

 
At 10:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job. Excellent news.

 
At 11:13 PM , Blogger Melanie said...

Wondering where you've been...sounds like a great job. Congratulations!

 
At 6:00 AM , Blogger Shaketownman said...

You're right : that flickr IS addictive :)

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger Wilson Clan said...

CONGRATS on the job..

all my friends are getting jobs.. I so need some money

and yay for all the new stuff..

Flickr is SO addictive..I have pro acct lol

I have to take some good pics soon though

 
At 2:13 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

finnegan! so nice to hear from you :). the job's cool, just too much work for one person.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home