Saturday, October 22, 2005

GrandPooOfKindergarten



A while back, kirk posted this post with his old school photos. I knew I had to do likewise. This photo is framed and in my office at school. Check out my outfit. I always wanted to wear bright colors, and my mom always made me wear cackies, browns, and greens. I had all this Izod shit that I hated.

Also, I just went to my 10 year reunion (which sucked ass). I learned that the peeps I went to school with are just as shallow and lifeless as they always were. Too sad.

Nevertheless, I have fond memories of school. Mixed, of course, with so many weird memories. I read Paul Feig's Kick Me not long ago and was blown away at how well he tells the stories of those odd circumstances we tend to get ourselves into as kids.

Much to the surprise of many, I was quite mischievous. I managed to get myself in my fair share of trouble. Not that much has changed. I'm just much better at masking it.

4 Comments:

At 4:22 PM , Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

LOL! That's great! I'm glad I inspired you to post this. I love looking at other people's memories.

What's the deal with that poor girl on your right, in the blue Dutch Girl costume? She looks shell-shocked. What did you do to her? lol!

Thanks for sharing! :D

 
At 6:10 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

Yeah, yours was so fun I couldn't resist.

I don't know what's up with that girl. I didn't do anything to her that day. When we were in sixth grade I did something to hurt her. I won't share cause I'd sound like a bully and I really wasn't one. She just caught me on a bad day.

 
At 10:14 PM , Blogger Monkey said...

This is the best. I love the boy you had it bad for. I remember a lot, but more and more comes back to me as my own pumpkin comes home from 1st grade with tales of rivalries, loves lost and loves gained.

Your tales make me want to attend a reunion, just to see who is bald and who will steal my drink.

My child is one of the weird ones. (He's cute, but a "strange noise maker".) I hope he finds acceptance later in school, as I did.

 
At 10:31 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

He will, oh I know he will. He seems like the neatest kind of kid.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home