Sunday, November 06, 2005

I So Fucking Love this Show


I so fucking love this show and everyone in it. Especially Mary-Louise Parker who is totally hot. I mean that in a non-gay way, but you can take it however you want, because she is.

Plot: Mary-Louise Parker's character, Nancy, starts selling weed in the suburbs after her husband dies.

This show not only must have some of the best comedy writers in the country cause this shit is money, but it also seriously pokes fun of the suburbs. That hits close to home for me right now, because I often get pretty sick of suburban shit.

One of my doc professors laughed at me the other day because I told her about the constant attempts from my collegues to marry me off. She said to tell them, "I'm not interested in joining your cult, thank you." If you're reading Dr. Z, thanks and you rock! :)

All I ever watch now that I have Comcast are episodes of Weeds, Curb Your Enthusiams, and Extras. I fucking LOVE On Demand! I think I'm about half way through Weeds. I'll probably watch another episode tonight. On the last episode, the main character's brother-in-law, Andy, reproduced some t-shirts of a fuck-up t-shirt he bought in Malaysia that said, "Chris died for your sins" and was selling them at his nephew's school. The outraged mothers at the PTO meeting was classic. I uploaded a genuinly crappy video here if you wanna see a clip.

The theme song from the show "Little Boxes" by Malvina Reynolds is currently playing in the sidebar. Enjoy. The song is perfect.

Quote: "Let your freak flag fly."

11 Comments:

At 7:32 PM , Blogger Calzone said...

You fucking swear more than I do.

I used to have a dealer who was like 70 years old in the burbs when I was a kid.

 
At 12:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

In fact, you do let it go quite often.. I have to admit, that I try to keep it cleaner in my blog than my spoken word is. :)

Usually when I get excited (not that way, you dirty little...;D) I start using those nasty words. But why the fuck to bother. :D

I am still waiting for our tv to start showing weeds. I have so many other things "on watch", I have time to wait a bit. Currently watching Oz episodes again, from first to last. They rock! Also there's the ones that are airing in tv right now, so.. And I haven't seen 3rd season of 24 yet!! I know, it sucks. Thank god I got the episodes on my recorder.. ;)

 
At 5:50 AM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

god, now i feel fucking terrible ;). seriously, i don't so much realize i do it, but i'll be more aware. i think it's because i'm careful all day long and switch modes when i'm home.

i never watched oz. am i missing out?

i started watching 24 consecutively from the beginning on dvd. i only watched 3 episodes before i got cable and can't figure out how to play dvds. what a retard, i know. i refuse to watch them out of order. that would just be insane.

 
At 7:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You're right, it must be that mode change. I have it too, but propably not that big change. I can swear now and then at the office. ;)

Oz is just great! It's like prison soap-opera, but with exellent actors, director and writers. If you don't mind few bodies and occasional butt-rapes, then.. lol Serioisly, it's not that bad. It grabs you (I know, that was from Animal Planet.. :P).

Wathcing them out of order would be insane. You don't know what the hell happened and why they do what they do etc. And when you've seen what is going to happen, old episodes suck.. :(

We watched whole 2nd season in one saturday, hangover day.. They had this 24 marathon on on e channel! It kicked ass!!

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger Calzone said...

I love the swearing.

"I so love this show". She likes the show.

"I so fucking love this show" She so fucking loves it.

Let it all flow.

 
At 4:51 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

yes, the "f" word has many uses. it can be used to drive a point home, as you mentioned. it also can be used as many parts of speech. it's just plain useful.

unfortunately, not everyone sees this.

 
At 12:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I think you already know this, but it's great! Monty Python text on great flash animation:

http://www.nailmaster.ru/fuck.html

 
At 6:14 AM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

Oh yes, it's one of my favorites! :)

 
At 8:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Personally, I love the word fuck. It is very versatile. Verb, noun, adverb, adjective and pronoun. (Fucker.)

This show looks great! I wonder if I should get Showtime. I aslo agree that Mary Louise Parker is hot, with a capital H. I love her lips.

Who is the guy playing Andy? I've seen him, but can't place him. He is fucking hot!

In other news: Do you really like spirited children? I mean, they are my favorite kind too, but it was my understanding that "the spirited child" can be quite the burden for a hard working teacher.

My feelings on the PTA kind of moms

Monkey's Human

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I just watched the Fuck Animation. Very well done. Even Calzone laughed.

 
At 8:25 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

Thanks for that link. I so enjoyed reading your story.

It's funny, but I think most teachers least like those PTA moms. Most, that is, not all.

Every teacher is different.

I try to be very real with my kids' parents. When I'm not sure about something, I'm honest about it and I say, "Let's work together to try to figure this out."

As a person too, I HATE dishonesty AND superficiality. I dispise, loathe, and detest those traits.

Do I truely love the "spirited child"? Absolutely. I honestly love them all, but those with spirit and spunk capture my whole heart. Yes, even when they require extra effort. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home