Saturday, September 10, 2005

Ain't No Hollerback!

I swear, I don't know what the hell is going on in the world. I'm such a media freak. No t.v. and no internet is turning me into a spaz. My head is just swimmin' in ignorance. I can't get the fucking Daily Show! I wake up to NPR every morning. There's just so much one can take of the hurricane coverage in the morning. I did renew my movie pass at the local Blockbuster, so I'm watching flicks. Somebody let me know if Brad and Jen get back together.

Anyway, the move went o.k. For everyone who thought Harriet is angelic, take a look at this photo my little sister took during the move. She was quite perturbed.




She's such a bitch.

In other news, my mom is completely loosing her fucking mind. She called me at almost midnight last night asking if I had made it home...from a 4 o'clock appointment. The conversation went something like this:

me: it's almost midnight.
mom: yeah, I know, I just wanted to make sure you made it home.
me: it was a four o'clock appointment!
mom: yeah, so your there?
me: yes, in bed.
mom: (three deep snores)
me: mom, are you there?
mom: yeah, I think I fell asleep.
dad: hey
me: dad?
mom: yeah, we're on speaker phone.
me: okay.
mom: we're sharing you.
me: okay.
mom: We're camping. We're on an air mattress in the tent.
me: okay.
mom: (long pause)
me: mom!
mom: oh, yeah, I'm here. I was just going to tell you something about that lady and how I don't think she's a good person to train you, but I don't remember what I was talking about.
me: that doesn't make any sense at all.
mom: yeah, I know.
dad: let her go now.
mom: I was going to tell you something else. (long pause)
me: Mom, let me go before you go to sleep again!
mom: okay.

I really think my parents are on drugs.

Then she called me again tonight while I was at Atlanta Bread (where I still am). Here's that conversation:

mom: Is this Amanda?
me: Um, no.
mom: Who is it then because I just got a call from this number.
me: Your daughter.
mom: What??!!
me: mom, it's me, your daughter. You were awfully hateful just then.
mom: Oh, haha. I thought it was your sister's friend. I think she's been stealing money from her.
me: Well, it's not.

Then, I ran into a couple of her cousins and we decided to call her. I had told them this story, and her cousin was like, "Tell her it's Amanda." So I called her back and she answered. She said:

mom: Hello?
me: Hi, this is Amanda.
mom: I thought I told you not to call here anymore!
me: Mom!!

Now, I'm sure she's lost it. I'm not even sure there is an Amanda. Oh well. Talk at ya next week. Here's a picture of Zappo in case you missed him. He's got balls.

6 Comments:

At 11:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"My head is just swimming in ignorance."

I'm going to have to use that as an excuse when things go wrong at work....

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger Wilson Clan said...

I'M so behind on blog reading.. I have a lot to get caught up on..

oh and sorry about your mom..My mom has been in loonyville for awhile.. lol

 
At 6:02 PM , Blogger Marti said...

Hey we all have our looney days - LOL

Thanks for the Zappo update. His balls are very colorful! - LOL

 
At 3:58 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

veg- you nailed it. ;)

tommy- good 2 see ya! you go right on and use that phrase. :)

melissa- i'm totally behind and i miss it!

marti- only the best balls for Zappo :).

 
At 9:00 PM , Blogger Jessie said...

Harriet should be on 'The Exorcist III'

 
At 5:55 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

I meant the shoutbox, not Harriet :).

Yes, laidbare, she does seem that way sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home