Friday, November 25, 2005

Holiday Greetings and Other Crap

Quote from the classroom: "I know this sounds weird, but please, no more than four eyes on your turkey."

Never let it be said I didn't allow for some bizarre creativity.

____________________________________________________________________

Thanksgiving was okay. I love my family, but I love my me time more. We mostly ate and laid around. I guess that's what you do on Thanksgiving. The girls all piled into my mom's bed for girl talk. We met my little sister's newest boyfriend who tried to take a picture of this said "girl pile" with his camera phone. Not the best first impression. What can I say, he's a northerner from Boston. All northerners are dirty aren't they? If not, I'm sorely disappointed.

I thought I was going to get away with only one family day, but my mother smartly tricked me into keeping my little sister all day and night tomorrow. Apparently my 9-year-old sister thinks I'm Captain Kangaroo. I said to her, "You'd better bring some movies." She replied, "Oh, I don't need to, you'll keep me entertained with crafts all day." Where the hell did she get an idea like that?

___________________________________________________________________

Now, tell me if you see something in this picture that doesn't belong...


Okay, have a closer look. My fifth graders were supposed to choose a cowhand from one of four continents and draw and label thier attire:

cowhand one




cowhand two




cowhand three (although a little sad)




cowhand four



In case you're worried about her, I did give her partial credit. I probably would've given her full credit had she cared to label it.



14 Comments:

At 8:53 PM , Blogger Calzone said...

baby, you drive me wild

 
At 12:20 AM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

that's pretty random calzone.

truth be know, i'm a little hot for that dragon head myself, but i will deny it if asked.

 
At 3:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That was mint! She was being creative.. lol

 
At 10:56 AM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

yeah, i don't think she was being intentionally creative. she was truly having a duh moment.

i had my own in the 6th grade when i was given an assignment to write about a trip to the Sahara and i read it as a trip to Sarah's. i wrote about my trip to a made-up friend name Sarah's house and how she kicked and snored in her sleep.

we had to read them aloud in class, and my teacher laughed his ass off.

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger Tommy said...

That's hilarious...gotta relate with the duh moments...sometimes I think my life is a whole duh moment....

 
At 11:12 AM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

surely not tommy, surely not ;).

 
At 1:35 PM , Blogger Shaketownman said...

Great drawnings!

 
At 3:38 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

Thank you frog, and hello to you today my friend. :)

 
At 7:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That depends on the gun and/or the lobster.. :D

Duh moments are the ones we should cherish. I have lot of those.. ..more and more as they years pass by..

 
At 10:55 AM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

chg- haha, it does kinda look like lobster. i'm not mean though, i didn't take off for the cow, just the lack of labeling.

dob- ever read any paul feig? i got a huge kick out of "kick me" by paul feig. i can only imagine how another guy could relate.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0609809431/002-1027709-3993628?v=glance&n=283155&n=507846&s=books&v=glance

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't read, but I will definately check that book out. Thanks!

I'm reading second time Howard Marks's Mr. Nice. It's great book, you should check it out. Life of university teacher that becomes largest cannabis smuggler in 70's and early 80's..

 
At 12:35 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

haha, i will. one of the first times i smoked weed was with a professor. he's kind of an asswipe though.

 
At 6:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, and it's his biography..

Dude's got a hotel in Jamaica and something called "Mr. Nice's seed bank" in Netherlands.

CHG, are you sure they're not pig skins? lol Paulie's nowhere to be seen after this comment.. :o

 
At 7:34 PM , Blogger Kate Borrell said...

I'm guessing the artist of Cowhand 2 has never drawn outside the lines ;)

Imagine if you marked them down for being a try-hard.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home