Saturday, November 26, 2005

Whatever Makes Ya Happy

Sometimes I can't decide if I'm annoyed by people or if I celebrate their oddities.

Today I was in a department store and a middle-aged lady was with two of her middle-aged friends. She had slipped on a skirt over her clothes. The skirt jingled. This lady was literally squealing with delight over this retarded jingly skirt.

At first, I rolled my eyes and thought, "God, what a retard." Then, I put the bitch away for a minute and gave this a little more thought. Sure, she was a dork, but the truth was, I had just witnessed someone made happy with one of life's little things instead of being made sad by one of life's many sadnesses.

I'm glad I saw that dorky lady today, and I hope she bought that skirt.

9 Comments:

At 9:05 PM , Blogger Ubermilf said...

I think that ALL THE TIME! I'm really impatient, and a lot of times I'm thinking to myself "Would you fucking MOVE??!!" when a slow person is walking in front of me.

Then I think, this person's enjoying his/her day at a leisurely pace. Is that so wrong?

Sometimes I still get pissed off, though.

 
At 11:04 AM , Blogger Calzone said...

I like laughing at the funny people. They shine and they sparkle.

 
At 11:09 AM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

and in this case, jingle. ;)

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I did, indeed.. Sorry about that. I'm just eazing too much and letting it go.. Soon I will be dancing on tables without shirt..

I have to calm down a notch..

 
At 12:17 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

no, no. dancing is good.

 
At 12:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That must've looked awesome (not as awesome as GrandPoo, but still.. ;) )!

That would make great vid clip: edit it to 45min cuntinuous wall of vibrating, singing, red Elmos. I have a purpose!!

 
At 5:23 AM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

lex and finnegan*- no doubt all bets are off when it comes to toys.

dob- sounds like a good video assignment for you. ;)

 
At 6:50 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, there's an excuse to take a trip to US, we don't have those in here.. :D

I have to start planning, Paulie got excited about it too! ;)

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger Monkey said...

I often have that moment of horror when witnessing someone in ecstasy over something that seems silly, then nearly a half second later, I find myself smiling. Because usually, I AM the dorky lady in the skirt.

Monkey's Human

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home