Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Festivus is Over...Life Continues

Perhaps the best part of being home was watching VH1's 40 Greatest Pranks. I generally don't watch that much t.v. at my apartment, but I do try to keep up with my share of trashy "reality" t.v. Watching all of the best prankster moments at once was like one big orgasm of comedy. I just had to try to overlook my mom repeatedly interrupting with, "So do you wanna hear this story or do you want to watch t.v.?"

And oh my God, the cartoons that were on! If there'd been that many cartoons on when I was a kid, I would've never left the tube. I was a total cartoon whore.

I also caught the show Creature Comforts for the first time on BBCAmerica. How'd I miss this show? It's fanfuckingtastic.

Christmas, however, wasn't all about t.v. shows. It was about reindeer ears. I brought two pair home with me in hopes of being festive, but I rarely got to wear them. Dad had them the most. Antler hog.

We had fun, and it was a nice Christmas. Other than my 18 year-old, unmarried sister's news that she's pregnant, it was typical family fun full of bad jokes and overeating.

How bad were the jokes? Hear for yourself on youtube. I couln't seem to upload it as an audio file, so I added some crappy pictures starting and ending with a picture I took of the Dukes of Hazard car that I followed for several miles right by my parents' house. You'll probably agree that the picture's befitting when you hear my brother-in-law tell the joke. Enjoy.

5 Comments:

At 11:54 AM , Blogger Joey Polanski said...

When I was a kid, cartoons were pretty much limitd t Popeye th Sailer, LoonyToons (Bugs n Daffy), an Hanna - Barbera (Flinstones / Jetsons).

NOW, theres KIM POSSIBLE!

An all is rite wit da werld!

 
At 1:02 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

I had a little more than that, but nothing as awesome as Kim Possible. :)

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger Calzone said...

Cartoons drive me mad.

Me and monkey are taking off for a bit.

Just wanted to say latte

 
At 1:50 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

thanks for thinking of me calzone. you'll be sorely missed, but i'm sure jupiter island will be awesome!

 
At 10:01 AM , Blogger Pipi Longstockings said...

can you believe i havent watched TV in months! sigh...at least my comp plays DVDs

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home