Saturday, December 31, 2005

People Fascinations of 2005

I realize everyone's making lists as it's the end of the old and the beginning of a new year. I thought the best fit for me would be to blog about what I really spent the most time obsessing over and not pretend that I spent 2005 as I wish I had preoccupied with things that really matter like social justice issues.

So, here it is, a top ten list of celebrities I obsessed over in 2005 in ranking order.

#10 Tilda Swinton




Swinton is #10 as she is a more recent obsession, so I haven't had enough time to truly cultivate my infatuation. I'd seen her in other stuff, but it was first when I saw Constantine, that I recognized the kind of oddness that captures my attention. After seeing the Snow Queen, however, I was completely hooked.

#9 Nicole Kidman



Again, it takes something really odd to suck me in, and for Nicole Kidman that something was Dogville. Before Dogville, I cared little about Nicole Kidman. I loved Moulin Rouge! but still wasn't a big Nicole fan. I truly appreciated her performance in Dogville, then when Bewitched was coming out, I watched her interviews. You can not not like Nicole Kidman the person. She's terribly adorable and sweet.

#8 Francois Vogel



Who is Fracois Vogel? He's the guy from the HP commercials and he's fabulous.

#7 Ewan Mcgregor



The weird thing he did to get my attention was Trainspotting. Then he belted it out in Moulin Rouge! What chick doesn't love a guy who sings? I also just saw Young Adam with Tilda Swinton. Talk about odd! Besides, he's fucking adorable.

#6 Jane Fonda



I realize that Jane Fonda is not everyone's favorite and is even hated by many, but dammit I don't give a shit. Jane Fonda is the bomb. The first movie I loved her in was Barefoot in the Park. This year I bought 9 to 5 and have been watching the shit out of it. I was a sorely disappointed with Monster-in-Law, but oh well. I'm sure it was a book promotion ploy. I haven't read the book, but I will I assure you.

#5 Conan O'Brien



My God is he funny! And he's super smart which is a winning combination for making you uber sexy. I had tried to hate Conan O'Brien at one time, but it just could not be done. He is one fine hunk of man and the funniest person on the planet.

#4 Tina Fey



I'm not sure what it is about Tina Fey that makes me love her. It's partly, I think, that she's super funny, and partly that she's a very geeky sexy that not many can pull off. It's odd when someone can be a complete geek and still manage to command thousands of young girls to decide they're lesbian feminists just because they developed a crush on them after watching Mean Girls and then fantasizde about them getting it on with Amy Pohler after Weekend Update. Then again, I like odd.

#3 Jason Bateman



Oh God, do I ever love Jason Bateman! I heart him more than my heart can stand. I didn't so much dig the young Jason Bateman, but as he got older he became one awesome specimen. I love him so very very much. Call me Jason.

#2 Jon Stewart



I was loving Jon Stewart long before it was cool to love Jon Stewart. I see a pattern of brains and comedy. Jon Stweart is the king.

#1 Cate Blanchett



Cate Blanchett will always be #1 on my list of obsessions for the simple fact that she is the most fabulous person in the entire world. This cannot be helped. It's unchangeable.

12 Comments:

At 1:38 AM , Blogger Joey Polanski said...

Put me down fer a doubl helpin of ol #9!

 
At 1:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Tilda, yes.. Nicole, yes.. I've liked Ewan since Trainspotting too! lol

Conan and his recently found interest in my country. Well, I've been watching Conan for about ten years now, so it maybe more than "just" obsession. I don't have an altar yet.. hmm..

Happy New Year!! :D

 
At 6:35 AM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

that was me up there. megan, grandpooofawesome, whatever dammit. i don't know why blogger keeps logging me out.

 
At 3:37 PM , Blogger Calzone said...

We have the exact same list. I think that means something. Call me

 
At 6:41 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

You like Fracois Vogel?

Good to see you back Calzone. Hope the trip was great.

 
At 5:19 AM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

You're great!

 
At 11:38 AM , Blogger Shaketownman said...

Very Nice! Frog only has a Musical List

 
At 4:28 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

VERY nice frog! Great list. I didn't know you had that blog :). scratch, scratch, scratch.

 
At 5:57 AM , Blogger Pipi Longstockings said...

why am i not in the list? did i miss nominations week or something?

 
At 10:25 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

trish- you were #11. sorry about the cut-off ;).

st. francis- either way is cool with me. thanks for sharing.

 
At 11:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I scrolled down each of your lists, I waited breatlessly for number one.....

YESSS! Cate Blanchett. Never has a blogger name been so appropriate! You are indeed the GrandPooOfAwesome. Very interesting, eclectic over all list by the way. Hope to see you in the forum soon. :)

 
At 5:48 AM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

hi not_lizzie ;). glad you liked it.

i'll come hang out at the forum soon, i'm just terribly tired and busy right now :(.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home