Thursday, December 29, 2005

Todaysies

I'm trying to get my shit together. By the way, you can't clean up that phrase and still have it make sense. I saw a couple of the teachers I teach with yesterday and tried to say, "I'm trying to get my stuff together," and they said, "What stuff?" I had to say, "Okay, that was an attempt to say, 'get my shit together' politely." They laughed.

I'm anxiously awaiting Spring. By summer I will have written a dissertation and graduate with that fucking PhD in May. Right now, I'm just trying to clean shit out.

In entertainment news...

I just downloaded the soundtrack for the t.v. show Grey's Anatomy and I'm loving it. I haven't heard a compilation like that since The L Word soundtrack from the first season. I really like the show too despite the rumor's that the show's star Elen Pompeo is a real crazy bitch. Apparently she showed her ass on Ashton's Punk'd. She's still totally hot.


I ventured out the day after Christmas (not recommended) to watch Memoirs of a Geisha (very recommended). It was freakin' packed out. I was late and someone had my ticket waiting. I believe I literally got the last seat in the house...right up in the front row. The bad part was the strain to see the screen right in front of me, the good part was that I got to sit by myself. You do not want people yammering in your ear when you watch this film. Instead, you'll want to savor every moment the movie is on...all 145 minutes of it. Aside: Michelle Yeoh rocked my world like she did in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

the iPod

I've been obsessed with my new iPod. I cannot, however, seem to figure out how to format video to play in it. Still, I've had it attched to my ears at every moment. I just don't understand how those crappin ear bud's fit in normal people's ears. Maybe my ear holes are too small?

dvds

And if you're looking for dvds at a good price, try your local pawn shops. I almost always find something there. It seems people who give their movies to pawn shops have great taste in movies, or not so great as their giving their shit away. I bought Donnie Darko (as I said earlier, I think time travel may just be possible) and Bandits (to replace the one I lost) for $4 each today. Sweet.

The salesman at the pawn shop tried to sell me on a drum set. I think he went too far when I told him I didn't have room and he told me I could keep it at his house. Hell alot of good that would do me.

4 Comments:

At 5:50 PM , Blogger Joey Polanski said...

It wasnt yer good that pawn shop salesman was thinkin bout.

P.S. Yer rite bout th impossibility of cleanin up "Get yer shit tgether" witout damage. "Shinola" preservs clarity, but realy wrecks th rhythm.

P.P.S. Hey, "cartoon whore," youll dig my latest post!

 
At 12:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

*scribbles in his note book*
"-Go see the Geisha movie"

I'm still iPod virgin.. It takes me 5min to walk to work so not for that, I can't listen at work, I've got company when walking the dogs..

But, I will get one. I even have car stereo that I can hook it up. lol Well, i know it's the kind of garget you grow into when you get one. I've had it with almost every piece of electronics: I don't need it until I have one! :o

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

joey- loved the post...obviously ;).

jonny- thanks for coming by dude.

dob- yes, the film is very much recommended. about the ipod- i have no problems at all downloading music. i could probably fill it up today. i bought an fm transmitter for my car though and it's bullucks. the stations that pick up the ipod suck. i also downloaded quicktime pro for 30 bucks which is supposed to convert your video to ipod compadibility, but can't get it to work.

anyway, i'm just bitching now. i'll just suck it up and keep trying.

:)

 
At 11:58 AM , Anonymous Wendy said...

Thaank you for writing this

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home