Sunday, September 09, 2007

Almost Lucid

So, I came SO CLOSE to having a lucid dream this afternoon [yes, afternoon]. Here's what happened. I was having a series of unusual dreams full of random stuff with mostly people I didn't know except for my parents, my little sister, Vicki, and my friend Dustin [sorry James, I have no idea why Dustin and not James]. Stuff was happening like my little sister giving me a super rad set of speakers which would probably never happen and having dinner with Dustin [why not James?] at some strange Japanese restraunt [but I bet we were waiting for James].

But then skip ahead to the last dream in the series where I was in my apartment [though it was not my apartment] and my parents were there, and we were getting ready to go somewhere for dinner. I had a friend there [who I made up] and I was getting dressed. I was changing clothes in front of my parents [which was weird] and was standing there without pants thinking, "There's some reason I shouldn't be standing here without pants," then my friend walked in and I remembered why I shouldn't have been standing there without pants.

So, I was going with my friend in a jeep and we were going to meet my parents there. I was driving and there were four of us in the car [two dudes, one other chick, all made up not real]. We got to a stop light and I started feeling really, really sleepy and didn't feel like I could drive, so I swerved the car around in the middle of the road and pulled off to the side, which flipped my friends out. I said, "I'm sorry, but there's no way I can drive like this," and they told me to get in the back seat, which I did.

While in the back seat, I was reflecting on some of the other things that had happened in the other series of dreams and beginning to realize they were ridiculous. I started to think that I was dreaming, so I touched one of my friends and I could feel him, so I wasn't sure. But then, I decided that if I convinced my friends that this was just a dream of mine, we could go on a spree and do whatever we wanted without any consequences. So, I started murmuring, "This is a dream. This is one of my dreams," but they weren't paying a lot of attention because I was really tired and they were busy talking about what had just happened and what they were gonna do next. I finally got their attention and was saying, "Listen guys! I'm dreaming right now, and if we will all recognize this is a dream, we can do..."

Then the phone rang, and it was my sister. I kid you not.

2 Comments:

At 9:34 PM , Blogger j.elliot said...

one starving musician came by to say: Whoa! that's strange. See, now I have dreams where people call me 'Gabby' and I wander around trying to find out why they are calling me 'Gabby'. Your's was much more interesting.

 
At 10:57 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

Thanks for the comment, Gabby. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home