Saturday, September 01, 2007

Annie Leibovitz's John and Yoko and Other Stuffs



You've probably seen this photo before, but I hadn't. This was taken by Annie Leibovitz in 1980 the morning before Lennon’s death according to Wikipedia.

While I'm talking about music, Patti Smith is totally rockin' my world right now.



I'm also listening to Van Morrison this weekend.

AND...If you're looking for a movie to watch, try The Queen with Helen Mirren as Elizabeth II about her reactions to the death of Princess Di. Then, proceed to watch Helen Mirren in absolutely everything else she's ever been in. You'll thank yourself. I adore her.



Cheers!

4 Comments:

At 7:42 PM , Blogger Tommy said...

The other day, in a fog of cold medicine, I sat and watched 2010 on AMC. I sat there for the whole frigging movie trying to figure out who was playing the Soviet commander.

Helen Mirren has nearly Gary Oldman-like chameleon powers.

I am somely frightened.

 
At 10:05 PM , Blogger Joey Polanski said...

DANG! You are groovin to stuff that was IN when I was a kidski. Me & my brother usta have that Rolling Stone mag (prhaps he still does, cause I dont).

I always knew that was a Annie Leibowicz photo, but Im doubtful it was takn on th day he died. Whaddoo I know, tho?

And Patti Smith! From my HS days, ol gal! And Van Morrison ... well ... his heyday seems to be nevrending.

 
At 7:36 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

tommy- yeah, i pretty much love her. i think she's amazing.

polanski- i have to use the word "kidski" from now on. that's fantastical. also, the awesome of ps and vm will never die out.

 
At 1:07 PM , Blogger dj petrushka said...

Thanks for putting the john and yoko pic on the net, i was looking for it to show a friend on msn, and here you are. I love your blog, and enjoyed reading about you and some of the things you enjoy.
Thanks for blogging.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home