Sunday, January 22, 2006

Battle of the Style Gurus

A weekend is not complete without an episode of What Not to Wear whether it be on TLC or BBC. Not only is it a great show, but I'm absolutely fabulously obsessed with all four hosts.



On TLC, we have Clinton and Stacey. This is the first version of What Not to Wear I ever saw. I was, beyond a doubt, instantaneously hooked. I was a little put off by their harsh criticisms at first, but I grew to understand them. I still think that there are some times that they should just admit that one or two things out of some people's closets are not as hideous as they let on. Usually, however, they are that hideous.

The TLC version of the show would not be on such a high pedestal if it weren't for Clinton and Stacey. If I were on the show, I'd spend the entire show flirting relentlessly with both. They'd be hard pressed to move me away from my position of drooling by their sides. I honestly think I couldn't be on the show because I'd jump both their bones and lick their faces.

If given a choice, however, of which set of style gurus I would have dressing and undressing me, it'd have to be the two ladies to be bowed down to: Trinny and Suzannah. Only on the BBC version could Trinny turn around to the camera say, "Look at this ass," and slap it over and over. I love the freedom they have to speak openly. Those ladies also truly, truly are good at what they do and take each person they're working with into very serious consideration. I'm always impressed with the transformation and the time and care they've taken.



Not to mention the fact that Trinny Woodall is constantly, and I mean constantly sticking her hand up the ladies' skirts, which is okay by me. I mean, my god, it's Trinny Woodall.

12 Comments:

At 8:03 AM , Blogger Monkey said...

I want to see that BBC version. I want to go on that show and have my jiggly butt examined.

 
At 1:18 PM , Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i want my butt examined too!

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I desperately need to go on that show. I do not wish to have my butt jiggled however. I just want the clothes.

 
At 4:49 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

fred- go get a sandwich. and feed your cute kitty.

i wanna see monkey's and miss kendra's butts examined in a jiggly manner.

 
At 4:51 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

brooke- but they CANNOT get rid of that pink skirt or the bun. those are awesome looks, so don't even let them try. ;)

 
At 10:57 AM , Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

post from sunday- it's now wednesday.

i'm not too good at the Maths, but i think that's not right.

 
At 5:00 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

Some people are not very good bloggers. I am not a very good blogger.

 
At 10:52 PM , Blogger jiggs said...

I'm confused by the name trinny. Is that short for something? Maybe trinifer?

 
At 9:04 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

Never let it be said that I'm not a complete dork, cause I am, but here you go:

"Trinny Wooddall was sent to boarding school at the age of 6 and educated in France and Germany. Her real name is Sarah Jane but called a St Trinian's girl by a family friend after chopping off a schoolfriends hair when she was five. Hence the name Trinny."

 
At 12:07 PM , Blogger Calzone said...

I wish your name was trinny. Like Trinny of awesome

 
At 1:05 PM , Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i expect a new post by monday.

make stuff up if you have to.

 
At 4:53 PM , Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

There will definately be a new post before next Monday, and stuff will so be made up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home